PWG Scholarship Procedures and General Information
The PWG Scholarship Program supports women in the Verde Valley / Sedona area continue their education. Women are chosen based on need and demonstration of leadership, academic achievement, community service and extracurricular actives. Scholarship award(s) will be made once a year for the following school year fall/spring. The total amount available is determined by the PWG budgeted funds.
All applications must be received by August 31, 2019.
A woman is eligible to be considered for a PWG Scholarship will
- exhibit excellence in leadership, academics, extracurricular activities, community service and potential for future success
- is a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States
- has evidence of previous educational history
- plans to attend an accredited institution in the United States
- pass an interview with members of the PWG Scholarship Committee
- approved by the PWG Board of Directors
Scholarship Award Determination
Scholarship award will be based on need, commitment to community and career aspirations as describe in the application essay.
References play an equal part in the scholarship determination process. A minimum of two references are required from individuals who have written outstanding recommendation letters clearly delineating your achievements and contributions.
Online Applications Submission
All applications will be accepted online only. Applicants will have the opportunity to submit additional documents via the application site. Such documents can consist of
- resume of extracurricular and community service activities (required)
- school transcripts (optional)
- references (required)
- essay (required)
- proof of citizenship (upon request)
Application instructions will be available online at www.pwgaz.org/scholarships.
All scholarship applicants will be notified by the 15th of September on the status of their application by mail. The scholarship recipients will receive a Certificate of the Award.
Scholarship recipients will be presented at the PWG October Quarterly Luncheon and will need to plan to attend the event.
Scholarship funds will be sent, at the determination of the recipient, to the institution where funds are needed or sent directly to the recipient.
Acceptance of Scholarship Funds
In order to have funds dispersed, the recipient must be enrolled in an approved institution for continuing education.